Eye Health Training Scholarships
Wen Giving has partnered with leading eye health institutes to present Mission Saksham, a scholarship program run by Mission for Vision to provide students with the opportunity to train as Allied Ophthalmic Personnel (AOP). This program addresses the critical shortage of AOPs in developing countries, a significant barrier to the delivery of eye health services.
Through supporting 16 AOP projects, Wen Giving is providing 2000 grants to eye health partners in Indian to support AOP scholarships of students from socio-economically disadvantaged communities in India. Wen Giving is committed to empowering women through equal access to education and employment opportunities and for this reason, preference is given to female students in the AOP scholarship program.
Scholarship recipients are trained in eye health skills to work in Vision Centres, Hospitals and Outreach Services. This education and training assist the recipients to achieve economic independence for themselves and their family.
Through Wen Giving’s scholarship support, these AOPs will provide impactful, quality eye care services to over 5 million people in need.
Wen Giving currently partners and provides AOP grants to:
- Sankara Eye Foundation: 292 grants
- LV Prasad Eye Institute: 119 grants
- Vivekananda Mission Asram: 60 grants
- Pushpagiri Vitreo Retina: 55 grants
- Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya: 45 grants
- Sadguru Netra Chikitasalya: 40 grants
- HV Desai Eye Hospital: 35 grants
- Sewa Sadan Eye Hospital: 35 grants
- Dr Shroff Charity Eye Hospital: 25 grants
- Sitapur Eye Hospital: 20 grants
- Divyajyoti Tejas Eye Hospital: 10 grants
- Society for Prevention of Eye Care and Sight: 2 grants